2022 year4 final blog

    For me, this year was the third year with Mr.Paterson. The first year and second year with Mr.Paterson were both very interesting and stimulating. I could recall how I was excited to participate in Mr.Paterson's class by reading my blogs written when I was in grade2 and grade3. This year, the third year with Mr.Paterson was also stimulating and exciting. In addition, this year, I learned some truths which I was shocked to learn. About the media, about the corporations, and about the Countries. All were about the important elements which make up today's world. In this blog post, I want to reflect on this year’s learning from the very first.

     The first semester, we mainly learned about the Israel, Palestine issue. Before the classes, to be honest, I was not interested in this issue, as I thought there are no relations between me and the issue. Learning in the class, I noticed that my thought was not true. As a major premise, it is too irresponsible to say I have no connection knowing anything. I didn't know anything about the issue. I misunderstood that I know what is happening, but all information I know was from the media and all information I have was about what is happening now. At that time I was not conscious about how the information provided by the media is biased. In this term's classes, we learned about the information of the issues and media's manipulation(or how they are biased). I had some experiences learning about the media but these classes were the most simulated and every class was interesting. Knowing new things and realizing that the things I believed were wrong both happened in the first semester. Also, we could experience what was happening and Israel byMr.Paterson reproducing the near situations in the class.

    We learned about the relations between media and countries, media and companies, and companies and countries. The main theme was about the companies. We learned how companies are selfish. My image against the companies is not bad before the classes. I thought that the companies are making money with their contribution to society, but the reality was not. Companies are organisms that only think to make money. They do everything to make money. To make money, they make factories in developing countries. Furthermore, the atmosphere insi\de there is terrible. We learned about companies personalizing natures and daily necessities in developing countries. All truths and real I learned this semester was shocking.

    In the third semester, we made a website about the things we learned this year. Because of the covid-19, we could not do a presentation about what we learned. If I could, I wanted to do and listed the classmate's presentation but we could make websites so I was relieved. In Mr.Paterson, we make websites or we do presentations to conclude what we learned, and I loved this system. I can reflect on what we learned by this system and also by listening or reading the other's one I can find new learning.

    Concluding this year, I think this year was the most interesting and exciting year with Mr.Paterson. A lot of things that I thought it is the truth were not and in every class, I could learn new things. Unfortunately, this year became the last year with Mr.Paterson but I want to say thank you to Mr.Paterson for making us grate interesting class. I was happy to learn about presentations and others in these 3 years with Mr.Paterson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021/6/1

The great blue yonder chapter2

reflection 2019/2/10